Traditionally I’ve ranked the Lufthansa First Class Terminal Frankfurt because the world’s second finest top notch lounge. Within the miles & factors world, visiting the First Class Terminal is principally a ceremony of passage.
Effectively, I believe my opinion on the First Class Terminal is beginning to change. No, not in absolute phrases, however in relative phrases, as I now not suppose the First Class Terminal is Lufthansa’s finest lounge.
The Lufthansa First Class Terminal Frankfurt is nice, however…
The Lufthansa First Class Terminal Frankfurt is a one-of-a-kind idea in business aviation. It’s actually utterly separate from the primary terminals at Frankfurt Airport, permitting you to skip the primary a part of the airport altogether. You may pull up on to the First Class Terminal, clear safety there, after which be pushed on to your aircraft.
That’s the only largest promoting level of the lounge, in my view. Don’t get me fallacious, it’s a wonderfully good lounge in any other case, with restaurant high quality meals, lovely bathe suites and nap rooms, a terrific drink choice, and collectible geese. The decor is admittedly a bit sterile, however that’s true throughout Lufthansa lounges.
Nevertheless, there are some downsides to the lounge. The 2 issues that stand out to me probably the most are the next:
- The lounge has no views of the airport, actually, and simply overlooks the airport crew constructing
- Should you’re not originating your travels in Frankfurt, the one method to get right here is to clear immigration (if coming from a non-Schengen vacation spot), depart safety, and stroll alongside the skin roadway of the terminal; getting there may be something however top notch, so in its place you should utilize the First Class Lounge within the terminal
- Even in case you’re originating in Frankfurt, the First Class Terminal is just handy if arriving by automobile; if arriving by prepare, it’s nonetheless a little bit of a trek to get there
…is the Lufthansa First Class Lounge Munich higher?
The Lufthansa First Class Lounge Munich within the satellite tv for pc terminal has reopened in current months, and I’ve now visited it a few occasions (to not be confused with the opposite Lufthansa First Class Lounge Munich). This has made me notice one thing — I desire this lounge to the First Class Terminal.
Okay, the lounge doesn’t have the identical comfort for these originating in Munich. The lounge is within the satellite tv for pc terminal, and in case you’re beginning out in Munich, it’s fairly a trek to get right here. Nevertheless, in case you take that out of the equation, I really desire nearly every part else about this lounge.
The Lufthansa First Class Lounge Munich is positioned on the sixth ground, and has epic runway and apron views, which you don’t get on the First Class Terminal. Moreover, it has floor-to-ceiling home windows all through the lounge, so has much more pure mild.
The Lufthansa First Class Lounge Munich has an open-air terrace, which you don’t get on the First Class Terminal.
Moreover, I like how one can really be pushed to this lounge in case you’re arriving at a distant stand, in contrast to on the First Class Terminal. A majority of Lufthansa’s passengers in Frankfurt and Munich are connecting somewhat than originating on the hubs.
Lastly, whereas each lounges have nice service, I do normally discover Lufthansa’s Munich employees to be superior. They’re the most effective on the airline, in my view.
In equity, lots is analogous between the lounges. Each have good meals and drinks, and nice bogs, showers, and nap rooms. I suppose the way in which I’d sum it up is that if I may solely ever go to one of many lounges once more for the remainder of my life, I’d selected the First Class Lounge Munich over the First Class Terminal Frankfurt.
So I suppose to sum up my take:
- If I had the selection of originating in Frankfurt or Munich, I’d in all probability choose the First Class Terminal Frankfurt, as a result of the comfort of skipping the terminal is nice
- Nevertheless, if connecting, and by way of the general lounge expertise, I believe the First Class Lounge Munich is superior
So, the following time I replace my lounge rankings, how precisely do I weigh these elements? I’m curious to listen to what y’all suppose!
Whereas the Lufthansa First Class Terminal Frankfurt provides unequalled comfort for these originating in Frankfurt, I’d argue that the Lufthansa First Class Lounge Munich provides an all-around higher expertise. The lounge boasts wonderful views, an exquisite outside terrace, and you’ll really be pushed to the lounge when connecting, in contrast to on the First Class Terminal.
What’s your take — do you like the Lufthansa First Class Terminal Frankfurt or Lufthansa First Class Lounge Munich?